As a literary journal with an educational twist, Mason’s Road aims to focus each issue on a particular element of the writing craft. Submissions for Issue 9 are open until May 15, and we are looking for creative and unique interpretations of our theme: TRUTH.
We have a blind submissions policy and accept work in fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, drama (stage or screen), art, and craft essays from both emerging and established writers and artists. Some of our dos and don’ts:
- We only take online submissions.
- Do not include your name or any identifying information within the attachment. We do a blind selection process which means we consider all work without knowing who wrote it. Please do not insert a header or footer containing your name, and please do not include your name and contact information at the top of the document.
- Please submit only one document in a genre for each issue, and limit prose and screenplay/drama to 5,000 words (double-spaced), poetry to 3 poems (up to 3 poems in a single document).
- Only the following file types will be accepted: *.doc & *.rtf for text, *.jpg & *.gif for art, and *.mp3 for audio.
- Mason’s Road does not accept previously published work.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as they are indicated as such and we are notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
- All published work will be archived online, and after publication all rights revert back to the author/artist.
Good luck & thank you!